By: The Working Girl’s Kitchen
Yes, chicken in milk. The.best.chicken.recipe.ever. I found this Jamie Oliver recipe while perusing Pinterest, and decided to give it a shot. The end result was a perfectly-cooked, delicious, moist, tender bird bathed in a light, lemony juice.
I cooked a whole bird knowing that it would result in at least two dinners, some lunch meat for salads and sandwiches, and a flavorful chicken broth from the carcass.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F, and find a snug-fitting pot for the chicken.
- Place pot on stovetop on medium-high heat. Coat bottom of pot with a little coconut oil.
- Season the chicken generously all over. Place chicken in the pot. Turn the chicken to get an even color all over, until golden. Remove from heat.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients into the pot. Place pot into the preheated oven for 1.5 hours.
- To serve, pull the meat off the bones and divide it onto your plates. Spoon over plenty of juice.
- 3-4 lbs, organic, free-range chicken
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- coconut oil
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 handful fresh sage, leaves picked
- zest of 2 lemons
- 10 cloves garlic, skin left on
- 2.5 cups skim milk