By: The Working Girl’s Kitchen
If you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge fan of roasted chicken. Here, I roasted a package of chicken breasts and drumsticks instead of a whole bird. The seasoning combination, which I found online, livened up this mild tasting protein.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil chicken pieces with a pastry brush.
- Mix together spices. Generously rub mixed spices on each piece.
- Place chicken in an oven-safe pan, skin side up. Zest lemon over the pieces, and then squeeze juice evenly over pieces.
- Place in oven and roast for 1 hour.
- 3 lbs organic, free-range chicken pieces
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Canola oil