Ginger is an amazing herb that is not only aromatic, pungent and spicy, but also packed with healthy compounds. Ginger is high in potassium and manganese, which builds resistance to disease. It is great for the heart for it protects the heart’s lining and blood vessels. It contains silicon, which promotes healthy skin, hair, teeth and nails, and it contains vitamins A, C, E, B-complex, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, iron, zinc, calcium and beta-carotene.
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb. thin French-style green beans, ends trimmed
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Add minced garlic and ginger into a glass bowl or measuring cup with the canola oil. The garlic and ginger will season the oil a bit while you prep vegetables.
- Prep the green beans and red pepper. Add the green beans and red pepper strips into a medium-sized bowl, and then toss with the oil mixture. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Spread the vegetables out on a large baking sheet, arranging it so vegetables aren’t crowded. Roast 15 minutes, or until a few beans are starting to look browned and the veggies are tender-crisp.