Last night was one of those evenings where I had no clue what I was going to make for dinner. I whipped up this one-pot dish based on ingredients on hand and minimal energy to expend. The final product was a success and one I will probably repeat just because it was so easy to make and the quantity will last me for the rest of the week.
Again, feel free to substitute ingredients based on your preferences or your inventory. The measurements are also to be a guideline. Please, do not waste your time measuring perfectly and then washing those additional kitchen utensils.
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 can tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Oregano, salt, pepper, thyme
- Over medium heat, soften onions and garlic in a large pot.
- Add in all other ingredients. Mix well. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until quinoa is cooked.
- Taste, add in additional seasoning to taste. Viola! Super simple!