- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 8 oz cooked black beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 2 tsps. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsps. chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 avocado and/or 1 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use coconut oil to grease a large casserole dish and set aside.
2. Cook quinoa and set aside.
3. Using coconut oil, sauté the onion, garlic, jalapeño, peppers and corn for about 5 minutes. Add in the lime juice, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 Tbsp. chili powder, and cilantro.
4. Cook the ground beef then drain and rinse. Add the enchilada sauce, 1 tsp. cumin, and 1 Tbsp. chili powder. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix together the cooked quinoa, ground beef, black beans, the sautéed vegetable mixture and 1 cup shredded cheese.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with either chopped green onions or avocado slices.