By: The Working Girl’s Kitchen
I had some leftover chicken from a recently roasted whole chicken, so I decided to mix the meat with some other healthy ingredients to make a salad. I placed the salad mix on a small bed of lettuce and served a side of baked eggplant for dinner, but you could easily spoon this onto multi-grain sandwich thins for a tasty lunch.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 large lemon
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/ 2 small red onion, diced
- 2-3 tbs of Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with juice of 1/2 of lemon; set aside.
- Combine all the other ingredients together and the juice from the other half of the lemon.
- Stir in avocado.
- Serve on a bed of greens or on multi-grain/whole wheat bread of your choice.