This is another successful experiment with protein bar ingredients. This time I used peanut butter, prunes and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, combine the banana, honey, peanut butter, apple sauce, protein powder, prunes, chia seeds, flax seeds and oats. Pulse until smooth. You should be able to stir the mixture — if it is too thick, add in another tablespoon or two of honey.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bars are a nice golden brown color.
- Once cooled, cut into bars. Store in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware container.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup dried prunes
- 1 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (dry, not cooked)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups whey protein powder (chocolate flavored)