This is a great salad if you don’t have the energy or time to cook. Once again, this is a recipe that you can modify to fit your taste or the ingredients you have on hand – alternative ingredients such as green/red/yellow peppers, jalapenos, celery, edamame, etc. can be added/substituted. Also, none of the measurements below are too precise. I tend to just eyeball the quantity based on what I like, e.g. I love corn, but if you’re not a corn lover, reduce the amount or substitute the ingredient for another vegetable.
- Toss all the ingredients (except the avocado) together. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Before serving, top with diced avocado. Eat and enjoy.
- 1 can of chick peas – rinsed and drained
- 2-3 slices of onions chopped (once I say slice, I mean one whole onion, sliced 2-3 times so that there are multiple onion “rings” in each slice)
- 1.5 cups of frozen corn – defrosted
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- Fresh ground pepper
- ~ 2 tbs of fresh parsley
- 1 large pinch of crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Diced half of avocado