By: The Working Girl’s Kitchen
The consensus was that these patties were tasty and had an addicting crunchy coat from baking. Unfortunately, the patties were a bit dry though. Next time, I’ll cook the black beans longer (I used dried beans) and will puree them more to address the moisture issue. This batch made about 8 patties, which we will be munching on for lunches.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients other than black beans in a mixing bowl.
- Puree the black beans in a food processor or blender.
- Mix the pureed beans with the other ingredients.
- Shape bean mixture into patties and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes on each side, or until both sides are crisp and brown.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tsps reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Fresh ground peppercorn