I made a large batch of this salad for workday lunches. Quinoa is wonderful because it is very filling, so a bowlful goes a long way. The vinaigrette adds a nice crisp, citrus flavor that has a bit of a kick.
For the salad, I threw in cooked quinoa, red beans, soy beans, chopped spinach, tomatoes, red onions, fresh cilantro, carrots and yellow pepper. Feel free to use any veggies and fiber sources you prefer though.
- Prepare your salad and place in a large food storage container.
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. You may want to start with pouring only a half of the dressing into the salad. Cover the container and shake so that the dressing is evenly dispersed. Add more dressing to taste.
For the dressing:
- 2 oranges, juiced and zest
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno