Here’s another quick, simple side dish recipe.
Health Benefits: Broccoli
- Antioxidants: Among all of the commonly consumed cruciferous vegetables, broccoli stands out as the most concentrated source of vitamin C. The vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, and carotenoids contained in broccoli work to lower risk of oxidative stress in the body. It also has a surprising 7 grams of protein!
- Detoxification: Broccoli helps to promote as well as regulate detox activity in our cells; broccoli can help prevent insufficient detoxification of dangerous substances that threaten our cells.
- Cancer prevention: The unique combination of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and pro-detoxification components in broccoli make it a unique food in terms of cancer prevention. Researched has proven that broccoli is strongest in showing decreased risk of prostate cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, bladder cancer, and ovarian cancer.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Chop broccoli into bite size pieces. Toss in a bowl with oil, garlic powder and fresh pepper and salt.
- Place on baking pan, and then place into oven. Cook for 17 minutes.
- garlic powder
- canola oil
- fresh ground pepper and salt