By: The Working Girl’s Kitchen
This may be the easiest side dish recipe on this website. And, it’s delicious and nutritious!
Health benefits of edamame:
Edamame are a powerhouse of nutrition. 1 cup contains:
- At least 6% of the recommended daily intake of all nutrients, except Vitamin D
- 20-40% of your daily intake of protein, fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, thiamin, folate and vitamin K
- Is a complete protein, providing 30% of the daily value for men and 37% for women
- 120% of your daily intake of folate (prevents birth defects through its role in the creation and growth of new cells; and, in adults, lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the edamame in a colander and rinse under cold water until thawed. Drain.
- Spread edamame on baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and season with salt and pepper. Toss until combined
- Bake in the oven, about 15 minutes.
- Add feta prior to serving.
- 12 oz package of frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsps, sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crumbled feta cheese