A red-skinned potato is low in calories and is packed with a host of vitamins and minerals. Bake or roast a red-skinned potato in place of a Russet. Also, you want to consume the skin; the skin contains the majority of the potassium and dietary fiber. This is a super tasty, and easy, low-fat recipe.
- Set rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half in lengthwise again. Cut each quarter into slices, from 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch in width.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine potatoes, olive oil, onion powder, pepper, and dill. Shake the bag until each potato slice is coated. Pour onto baking sheet in a single layer, making sure to spread potatoes out so they roast and don’t steam.
- Cook 20 minutes. Stir potatoes. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes, until sides are browned. Remove and serve hot.
- 2 pounds (about 4 medium) red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh dill (substitute rosemary or parsley) (optional)