By: The Working Girl’s Kitchen
I cannot believe that I never thought of roasting shrimp before now. I have to admit that I prefer it to steamed or boiling. Also, the orange zest really adds a delicious twist to this easy-to-make dish.
You can serve these shrimp as an appetizer or a low-fat protein choice for a meal. Feel free to add a ramekin of cocktail sauce on the side.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the shrimp in oil and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper and orange zest.
- Roast in the oven for 8-9 minutes, or until they are cooked through and sizzling.
- 1 lb. medium-sized shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails left on
- 1 -2 tsp. canola oil
- salt and pepper
- zest of 1 orange