This is a great savory appetizer. The shrimp can be prepped ahead of time, so they’re perfect for serving at a party, and the saltiness of the prosciutto makes them an ideal accompaniment to a slightly sweet cocktail.
Note: The shrimp can be made through step 3 and refrigerated up to 6 hours ahead.
- Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack at the top (about 3 inches from the heat source).
- Combine olive oil, paprika, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Add shrimp, and toss until well coated.
- Wrap each shrimp in a piece of prosciutto, and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil until shrimp are opaque and prosciutto is crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 32 shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (about 1 pound)
- 8 pieces prosciutto (about 5 1/2 ounces), cut lengthwise and then crosswise