By: The Working Girl’s Kitchen
This is another recipe I recommend for weekday lunches. You can make a large batch over the weekend that easily divides into multiple healthy and filling lunches.
- In a large soup pot, heat a little bit of canola oil. Add garlic, onions and ginger.
- Once onions are a bit tender, add curry paste, water and lentils. Stir mixture.
- Bring liquid to boil. Once boiling, cover pot and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add kale, green peppers and jalapenos and stir into mixture. Place cover back on and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add grape tomatoes (Feel free to add the tomatoes during step 4. I don’t like my tomatoes too soft so I add them at the last second.) Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 5 cups water
- 3 heaping tbs pre-made curry paste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbs fresh ginger minced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 jalapenos chopped (optional)