I adapted Mario Batali’s recipe for Sogliala alla Mugnaia. The original version of this dish is made with dover sole, but I used tilapia instead. I also deleted the use of flour and reduced the amount of butter.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the fish and grate fresh pepper over the fillets. Cook the fish, turning once until nicely golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a serving platter and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and melt 2 tbs of butter. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, red pepper flakes, and capers. Pour over the fish. Serve immediately.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil (I prefer cooking with grapeseed oil)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of drained capers